Art Access provides equal opportunities to inclusive arts programming for Utahns with disabilities and those with limited access to the arts.
Our vision is to create community understanding that the arts are a universal vehicle to celebrate our differences and ultimately connect people.
Founded in 1984, Art Access is a community-focused organization that strives to share our philosophy of inclusion. We offer twelve mission-driven programs, including gallery exhibitions, workshops, artist residencies, literary arts activities, professional development, and community outreach. Many of these programs have benefitted from partnerships with local educational, artistic, and public service organizations.
We are an affiliate of VSA, which is a program of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts through its Office of VSA & Accessibility, and we recently have been assigned ZAP Tier 1 status and awarded an NEA Art Works grant. We are the only arts organization in Utah that focuses on serving individuals with disabilities.
We are currently celebrating 30 years of making a creative difference in our community!
Recognition & Honors
- 2013 Salt Lake City Weekly Arty for Best Photography Exhibition
- 2012 KSL Salt Lake County A List for Best Art Gallery
- 2011 Salt Lake City Weekly Arty for Best Illustration Exhibition
- 2011 VSA Award for Excellence in Organizational Management
- 2008 VSA Award for Excellence in Professional Development
- 2007 Disability Law Center's Image Award for Community Justice
- 2007 VSA Award for Excellence in Educational Programming
- 2005 City Weekly Best of Utah Art Workshop Series
- 2003 Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind Legacy Award for Supporting the Arts in Education
- 2001 Salt Lake City Mayor's Artists Award for Exceptional Service to the Arts Community
- 1997 Governor's Award in the Arts
- 1995 Downtown Alliance Award in the Arts